2021 CMO Training Calendar
June – July Regional Training
ALM, Alabaster, Athens, Guntersville, Livingston, Orange Beach
Congressional In-State Luncheons
November 2nd – 3rd
Municipal Leadership Institute / CMO Graduation, Montgomery, AL
NLC City Summit www.nlc.org *
Registration is limited. Any municipal official or employee may register for these events, but only elected officials will be awarded credit hours in the Certified Municipal Official Program. *CMO credit hours awarded for in-person attendance.
CMO Program Webinars
The Certified Municipal Official Training Program offers LIVE webinar training and ANYTIME training to expand the educational reach to our member municipalities. For mayors and councilmembers, webinar training and successful test completion(score of 70% or better)on material presented earns credit hours in the Core Curriculum, Basic, Advanced or Emeritus programs. Ask questions during the live training or submit questions by email to our legal staff following a live or anytime training. Our in-person League events are valuable, and we’ll always offer them, but online and anytime training will have a place too. We think you will find the addition of webinars a helpful resource to provide training for elected officials and municipal personnel. We hope to “see” you online soon!
How it works:
- Watch for the online training schedule through ALM’s website, E-newsletter and E-Blasts.
- Register for a training. Receive webinar credentials and reminders to the email on the event registration. Check spam, junk or clutters folders if emails are not received in the registrant’s inbox.
- On the day of training, click the link in the email to join the webinar.
- Following the webinar, receive a link to the recorded training for reference.
- Registration Fee: $45.00 - Payment required with credit card at time of registration
- Registration Limit: Limited to 50 registrants. Early registration is recommended!
- Refunds: Registration fees for webinars are non-refundable.
- Who should register: Elected Officials and Municipal Personnel.
Questions? Contact Cindy Price
CMO Program ANYTIME Training
Need to access training that fits your schedule? ANYTIME training is here when you need it. Click HERE to hear and see the same training and Q&A session as the live event then take the test to complete for credit hours in the CMO Program.
Professional Training Programs Available
Auburn University - Government and Economic Development Institute
University of Alabama - Municipal Training
The League has been informed that the following training opportunities are available for municipal officials and employees. Many of these seminars are sponsored by other organizations and you would need to contact them for information about the meeting and registration.
If the League is a sponsor, our telephone number is noted in the information below. Although these conferences are arranged for positions designated, many of them allow other individuals to attend. If you have a question on this, please contact the sponsoring agency.
If you have a conference you would like to add to this list, contact Carrie Banks with the information and include a contact person, address, telephone number and e-mail address if available.